Tuesday, June 3, 2008

13th Floor Elevators- Bull of the Woods


13th floor elevators were part of that whole 60s and 70s psychedelic music explosion…remember? I don’t have much to say about this album because I’m quite new to this whole genre. Even so, this is quite a good album.

Though this is a personal opinion, I think the sound on this album is extremely similar to some of the Silver Apples albums. I’m not sure exactly what it this similar; maybe the restricted choice of chords or possible the bands inkling to use strange ambient noises such as the ‘electric jug’

http://rapidshare.com/files/119672048/Bullofthewoods.rar.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this, been wanting to hear this for a while. This is the elevator's last aborted album, which was recorded the same year as silver apples first record. If you're at all interested in this record I strongly suggest you check out Easter Everywhere, as well as Golden Dawn's record Power Plant, both primo records of late 60's texas psych. Cheers

Gopal said...

This is my favorite Elevators album. I think Sutherland's guitar work was highly underrated.